Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snow, snow go away...


At one a.m when I looked out the window I saw that it was snowing. Steadily.

Another reminder that Dorothy is no longer in Kansas.

Seriously though - last year was my first 'snow-experience' and after living in hot, humid Durban all my life, it has become my least favourite. Although to be specific - the snow I love. It's beautiful, and soft and so pure looking. It's the icy cold that comes with it to which I am less inclined.

So you can imagine my dismay when I looked outside and saw a mini winter-wonderland. "The leaves haven't even all fall off yet," I argued with it.
In Durban it has rained on Diwali almost every year. Naturally this puts a bit of a damper on peoples firework activities and their spirits, but a devotees once said that it rains so that the earth can be washed and cleansed for Lord Rama's return.
I guess in Canada things don't happen in halves. Why rain when it can snow?

No comments: